Friday, November 20, 2009

Sites for readers and booklovers




We Read
Library Thing
Shelfari
Google books

How to choose which facility to use? I've tried them all and have lists in several! I publish my lists to my friends in Facebook. I also have several hand written booklists and book journals. But do you know the best way of spreading the word about good books is actually to talk to people? What an idea! Maybe the next wave of book sites will include audio and video facilities so that we can actually see and hear the people who are enthusiastic about books. Just a minute I'd better check Google to see if this is being done already................ and the answer is lots of hits of course. Various people and organisations are podcasting and publishers are providing booktalks especially for children's books, for example here is a list of podcasts. I do think that our own Kate de Goldi is best at this; listen to her with Kim Hill on Saturday morning
And the people I find who can talk best about books that I like are part of this oufit




Happy Reading and sharing

No comments:

Post a Comment