Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Twitter and twittering



I chose to look at Margaret Atwood's Twitter link. http://twitter.com/MargaretAtwood 2 hours later I am ready to write my post. There was so much to look at and so many links to follow - there is some truth in the idea that twittering is time wasting, it can certainly be time consuming but I guess it's just like getting carried away while surfing the net!
I read an interview with Margaret Atwood during which she educated her interviewer about tweets and twitpics. She seems to use Twitter to tell people about her book tours, launches etc. and to have conversations with her followers ( she actually has 9,811 followers). Can't wait for my hold on Year of the flood to come up.

My second choice related to some information I was looking up for a customer http://thesalon.blogspot.com/2009/07/kiwinew-zealand-musicians-on-twitter.html is a list of NZ musicians who Twitter. I was so pleased to find it but it does not help my info search as I'm looking for classical or world music but it was interesting. The list is provided so that members can network with each other, do some promoting of and find out about gigs etc. Obviously this can extend to any group/category of like minded people. I think there is a librarians who twitter list somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment